Blount County was created by the Alabama Territorial legislature on Feb. 6, 1818 from land ceded to the Federal government by the Creek Nation on Aug. 9, 1814. It was named for Gov. Willie G. Blount of Tennessee, who provided assistance to settlers in Alabama during the Creek War of 1813-1814. It lies in the northeastern section of the state, generally known as the mineral region. Blount County is bordered by Cullman, Marshall, Etoway, Jefferson, and Walker Counties. The county is drained by the locust and Mulberry Forks of the Black Warrior River. Check out the Spring Valley Beach, Rickwood Caverns State Park and the Easley Covered Bridge.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.